Bill Rogers Youth Sports & Development Center- Kakata, Liberia
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Kakata, Liberia, the first ever Bill Rogers Youth Sports & Development Center will sit on 25 acres of land donated to the foundation by city leaders.
The center will boast the following amenities and features:
• 2 indoor basketball courts
• 2 indoor volleyball courts
• 1 indoor track
• Training Room for maintenance of athletes
• Weight room and fitness center
• Boys and Girls locker rooms
• Multiple showers for boys and girls
• Boys and Girls dormitories for up to 40 students
• Indoor soccer space for skills training and small sided games
• Outdoor college regulation soccer field
• Outdoor college regulation track
• Outdoor basketball court
• Swimming pool?
• Conference Rooms
• Business Computer center with fax and copy capability
• Large Computer Education Center with 100 plus computers, headphones, Interactive machines, Tablets
• Research Lab
• Meeting rooms
• Performance Hall
• Worship Center
• Youth lounge with interactive games and books
• Dining Hall
• Garden area for self sustaining farming program
• Water tower to recycle
• Food Pantry Area
• Nurses Station for basic medical care
• Christian Counseling Center
• Visiting Guests Quarters
• Parking for guests, short and long term
Media center Setup
• Two partition rooms in a studio form
• One Media Training room for up to 15 persons
• Two Media offices and a bathroom
• Recording and Production room
• Transmitter Room
The goal of the center is to provide a safe environment to serve as an outlet for disenfranchised Liberian Youth to assemble, express themselves, and develop athletically, educationally and emotionally. As we help these youth explore their full potential in various areas, we will seek to connect them to opportunities both locally and around the world for them to attend college and continue their development.
In some cases it will serve as a residential facility for those athletes showing particular promise who will continue to develop and be transported to school.
In other cases it will serve as an after school enrichment opportunity for students from many schools in the 10 to 15 mile radius of the facility. Those students will have access to programming in the areas of homework assistance, arts, sports, athletic training, etc. They will also not leave the facility without a free hot meal every day.
The secondary purpose of the center will be to serve as a community hub complete with a dedicated area to be used for a monthly farmers market, and a Palaver Hut for community leaders to congregate. The center will also be available for rental use as a state of the art conference center for NGOs, area businesses and organizations. It will also be available for graduations and other school related events.